Thursday, April 13, 2017

Still Life Drawing Analysis



 By: Angelina Nguyen

_____________________________________________________
Analysis

The drawing that I created for the past weeks has been focused on imitating a real image that contained fine designs and shadows. When it came to creating a realistic drawing, such as this flower pot, I needed to follow steps that had to be accurate and presentable as a whole. In the beginning, I started to brainstorm and sketch my compositions that I wanted to do, for example, other than this diagonal composition I had an L composition that was formed by a bunny and flowers. Then, I decided on my composition and went to my good copy. First, I lightly outlined the object that was my idea, like the leaves and stems. Furthermore, I made sure that I careful drew the flowers and pot perfectly, which was followed by adding my shadows that were on the objects. I started off with my light shadows by using an HB pencil since it was the lightness graphite, I did not go to hardness to lightness shades since it would be too bold and if I made a mistake it would be difficult to erase. After, I slowly drew in darker shadows and when I was done that level of shading I would increase the pressure of the pencil I was using or even changed my pencil to a 6B and 2B. Throughout this process I made sure to blend in the light and dark shadows to make sure it did not look unnatural, regularly I would shade the dark or light colours inside the object or even with the background. 

 This still-life drawing is mainly on creating a diagonal composition, one can say there might be an L composition because of the fact the objects create an L, however I think that it is a diagonal since the balance of flowers, leaves, and stems form a triangular shape and has negative space that counteracts the dark shades and items. I think this is a diagonal composition because the object takes up roughly around half of the image and the other opposite side barely have anything, but wrinkles. Also, the image has a detailed stem that divides the negative and positive space while using a vertical line. As a result, since the drawing was a vertical line that divides the image into triangular shapes, I think this picture has a diagonal composition.         

No comments:

Post a Comment